This shirt has had a rather long gestation period. My friend had a holiday in Canada and brought the fabric back as a present. I have been looking at it often and been unable to make my mind up what to do. She has said, every so often, "Cut that material out yet?" Then I realised that it was the intensity of the colour that was worrying me, and that what it needed was something to offset that - white collar and cuffs perhaps? Yes, and it has turned out very well.
I have a sneaking suspicion that this post-finishing dislike of the work is rather akin to the small-time baby blues - not the full blown depression that is so cruel to many, but the little glitch of anti-climax that most new mums pass through - all that discomfort, pain and effort and what do I get - something else that just wants to be loved. So I will like the sweater/ baby/new house/man: just give me a few moments!

No comments:
Post a Comment