Saturday, 14 June 2008

Wip and Wildlife


First a photo to show where I had to drop a stitch and pick it back up again - I discovered that I had split the yarn and left a loop right down at the beginning. Ok so it was on the inside so only I would know that it was there, but this is such Perfect Yarn that it is making me raise my standards. And being such wonderful stuff, I have got away with the fix as you can see when you run your eye down from the marker.


The yarn is Jaegar Extrafine Merino and it is wonderful. The colour is fairly close to accurate on my monitor, and I am using the same old pattern as I used for the Matchmaker - something simple since this yarn doesn't want anything too complex, but that bit of texture makes the colour look even richer.

As for the wildlife - that little brown bird on the peanut feeder is moving oddly. That would be because the little brown bird is a little brown mouse. The peanut feeders hang from the little twigs of the apple tree, so the fact that the mouse was there was pretty impressive - it must have climbed the tree, and navigated it's way out to the end of the right twig, and then down. It deserved every bit of nourishment that it got! When it had finished, it jumped, and ran for cover into the long grass by the shed.

1 comment:

knititch said...

yes it does knit up beautifully. i am sure it is great for cables too.