Sunday, 7 September 2008

No pictures

I didn't take my camera. The pictures in my head are good..

To London for I Knit day, and to see The Yarn Harlot. What a lady! In her quiet, self deprecating, wryly humorous way, she made a huge hall full of knitters realise that knitting is not a quaint girly pastime, but Important, Life Enhancing, and Life Affirming. Which we all knew anyway, but it is such a treat to hear it said in such a charming way.

I am glowing with the compliments on my Print o' the Wave stole, which I wore - it can only give you a high when a woman walks through the door of the venue, and comes straight up and says "What's the pattern, and where can I get it?".

I didn't buy a single gramme of yarn - but I brought home better things that didn't even need a bag to carry them in!

No comments: