Thanks Knititch for the tip-off about Jaeger yarn - two-jumpers-worth is now on order and I feel a lot better about the whole situation. I have loved Jaeger yarns for a long time. I remember a jumper knitted in my teens: the yarn was bought in a sale; it was supposed to have a roll neck but I could only manage a crew; I Never Finished Off - the ends were so short that I couldn't thread them into a needle (well that was my excuse) and when I passed it on to my daughter some twenty years later it came with the instruction to check the yarn end and tuck it in at the neck every time she put it on. That really was panic knitting: which comes first, the end of the garment or the end of the wool?
I really must make some effort to show off what I have on the go at the moment, but that will have to be put off to another day - I have a parsnip to roast!

No comments:
Post a Comment