Wednesday, 30 January 2008

Funny you should say that


This would be the book you have Knititch. I found it in a second-hand bookshop years ago - I think these things somehow reach out from the shelf and touch me, and I often get a strong feeling that I ought to look in this shop or that, and then find a book that has virtually got my name in it. Not the same thing as with new books, where the shop can always get another copy, but when it is the old and out of print that will only be there occasionally, I find that a bit spooky!

Anyway, this book is one of my great treasures, and you can see a couple of the Gerda Bengtsson designs I have stitched from it. While we are about it, I have to say that in my opinion she is the best of all designers, simply from her use of colours.

The Jaeger sweater is getting very near to finished now - I am on the neckband, so I shoud soon be able to present you with a grand and glorious finished object!

1 comment:

knititch said...

yes that is the one. i would gladly have sent you my copy in case you didn't have it. in danish of course. oh and i saw that jannette's rare yarns has a jaeger sale as well. matchmaker merino ampng other. i am looking forward to seeing your sweater.